Equip your managers and leaders with the skills they need to prevent disputes before they escalate out of control.
Conflict in the workplace causes a decrease in productivity, increase in absence and a lowering of morale across the entire business as well as costing the company thousands of pounds each year.
This one day course equips delegates with the core mediations skills they need to ‘nip’ conflict in the bud.
By attending this course delegates will know:
- How to recognise the early warning signs of conflict.
- How to develop a dispute resolution strategy or action plan.
- How to use the FAIR model to get the best results from difficult conversations:
This course can also act as a 'stepping stone' to more formal mediation and dispute resolution training for managers who wish to develop these skills further.
Agendas and Objectives
- Duration: 1 days
- Suitable for: Junior, Middle and Senior Managers
- Learning outcomes: Learn how to nip conflict in the bud
- Delivery: In-house (London and regional)
- Trainers: Only ever delivered by full time TCM trainers.
- Cost: £295 plus vat for open courses.
The objective for the delegate is to be able to:
- Understand the nature and key benefits of mediation, the causes and effects of conflicts and the role of the mediator during a dispute resolution process.
- Advise others about the role of mediation
- Respond calmly and neutrally during mediation and manage difficult conversations with parties in a dispute.
- Use a range of active listening and reframing skills to move a situation forward
- Understand how to create and manage boundaries and set clear goals
- Ask the right stakeholders (HR, Occupational Health, Harassment Advisers, trade Unions etc.) for advice
See what course participants have to say
"The Core Mediation Skills course gave good insight into conflict in a good relaxed atmosphere. I thoroughly enjoyed the nice small group as all seven of us got the opportunity to participate.The session met all of my objectives at a pace that was just right. I look forward to putting what i learnt into practice. I would recommend this course to friends and colleagues of mine."
" I found that the Core Mediation Skills course was interesting, informative and useful. Useful tools were used to promote successful mediation including Role Play and handouts which made the course meet my objectives. Overall I would give all aspects of the course a 5 out of 5 and felt that the pace was just right. I look forward to epplying what i learnt mainly being more alert. I would recommend this course to fellow friends and colleagues."
"An excellent and engaging course. Fantastic for team building and specific work place issues."
"A great introduction for those new to mediation."
"Excellent training session. Thank you!"