About the Course
Managing conflict can be challenging for many people and getting the right intervention to prevent escalation is vital as many processes result in lingering issues and unresolved emotions. Conflict Coaching is becoming a widely recognised ADR intervention, often facilitated parallel to mediation and other dispute resolution processes. Conflict Coaching is a collaborative relationship between the coach and the client. Through dialogue the coach works with individuals to reflect on how they respond and react to conflict by identifying behaviours which will enable them to change or manage how they engage with others.
This section explains how the training works:
- Duration: 2 days
- Delivery: In-house (London and regional)
- Suitable for: HR and ER professionals, Junior, Middle and Senior Managers, CEOs and MDs
- Learning outcomes: Coaching and mediation skills in a single powerful process
- Trainers: Delivered by our expert TCM trainers.
- Delivery: In-house (London and regional)
- Cost: £695 + VAT
- Discounts: Book online to get 10% off using the code: ONLINE10
Who should use conflict coaching? :
1. Managers and leaders who are required to manage conflicts and change
2. Disputing parties- as an alternative to mediation where parties are resistant to mediate or as an add on to mediation as it can be used before and after the mediation session
3. Employees who have been affected by conflict or change in the workplace
4. Employees who wish to adapt how they react and engage with others
- Conflict coaching is a solution-focussed process which promotes empowerment, reflection and a focus on the future.
- It offers a safe space for the coachee to increase self-awareness and transform the way in which they handle conflict and change.
- It fosters a culture of collaboration and dialogue and compliments a mediation culture which is emerging in many organisations across the globe.
Agenda of the Course:
- Stage 1: enquiry and setup:
- To build rapport with the client.
- To confirm the clients commitment to the coaching process.
- To make sure the client is clear on the FAIR coaching model and process.
- To ensure the client understands the role of the coach.
- To schedule dates and duration of sessions.
- To prepare the client for the first session.
- Stage 2: hearing the issues
- Stage 3: exploring the issues
- Stage 4: review goals and explore choices and challenges:
Key Course Objectives:
- Learn how to prevent and resolve workplace and team disputes
- Learn how to address attitudes and difficult behaviours in the workplace.
- Learn how to manage change and responding to the aftermath from change
- Identify the unique principles and methods of coaching
- Apply the FAIR Conflict Coaching Framework™
- Identify when coaching would be useful
- Develop skills to be an effective coach
- Understand and learn to apply different coaching tools and strategies
TCM’s effective FAIR Mediation:
TCM’s effective FAIR Mediation Model has ensured organisations see over a 90% successrate when this model is used. Inspired by its success TCM have adapted the FAIR Mediation Model for using conflict coaching. We call it the FAIR Coaching Model. Organisations who use both coaching and mediation to resolve disputes see more effective outcomes than relying on systemic process in dispute resolution.
Our track record
Coaching Skills for Conflict Management™ is one of the most well recognised conflict resolution skills short courses available. We pride ourselves on delivering a world class course to delegates. Don’t just take our word for it, please click here to read reviews and accolades from previous delegates.
The course is designed and delivered by the UK’s top dispute resolution experts. However, in the unlikely event that you are not satisfied for any reason, we would welcome the opportunity to put things right. Please contact us immediately and advise us of the problem and we will do our best to resolve the situation to your satisfaction. If we are unable to do so and you remain dissatisfied, we will offer a full or part refund. *
*Refunds are only available where we have been provided with immediate notification of the problem and we have tried, and failed, to resolve the situation to your satisfaction.
Unrivalled aftercare and support.
TCM delivers extensive support for delegates on all of our courses before, during and after the course concludes.
Here is a summary of what delegates can expect from TCM:
- Training delivered by a world class trainer who has practical experience of the subject being taught.
- The unique online TCM Delegate Zone™ which includes useful tool-kits, check sheets, videos, papers and other resources for delegates.
- Free copy of the TCM Delegate pack.
- One to one coaching for delegates during the course and once the course concludes, as required.
- Full access to the amazing resources of the TCM Community for all delegates including lifetime phone and email support.
- A free refresher workshop or webinar 6 months after the training concludes.
Would you like this course delivered as an in-house course?
TCM specialises in tailoring all of our courses for in-house delivery. We also design and deliver bespoke courses and training programmes for our customers. If you would like to find out more, please call us now on 0800 294 9787 or complete the enquiry form below and we’ll call you straight back.