About the Course
The ability to manage difficult conversations is one of the cornerstones of effective management and leadership. On this course, delegates learn how to hold difficult conversations, nip issues in the bud and give feedback to their team concerning performance and absence. Delegates also learn how to prevent workplace conflicts escalating and how to communicate with taciturn employees and team members exhibiting challenging behaviour. The course is designed and delivered by experts.
Delegates develop an awareness of the block and barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them. Through active participation and experiential learning delegates learn how to secure sustainable and lasting outcomes at times of change, crisis or conflict.
“TCM’s delivery was very professional and
informative. A day well invested for my
Sue Deane, HR Administrator at Global Infusion Group
This section explains how the training works:
Duration: 1 day
Delivery: In-house and Public (London & Regional)
Suitable for: Managers, leaders, HR professionals and others responsible for managing conflict and change.
Learning outcomes: Develop constructive conversations and manage strong emotions.
Trainers: Delivered by TCM’s expert resolution consultants.
Delivery: In-house and Public (London & Regional)
Cost: £495 + VAT
Who should take this course?
Ideal for all managers, TU reps and HR professionals.
- Develop constructive conversations with employees and teams.
- Promote well being by developing a positive, communicative and supportive team environment.
- Identify and respond to disputes and grievances.
- Facilitate the management of change.
- Promote and support informal resolution of grievances.
Sample Course Agenda:
- Module 1: What is a difficult conversation?
- module 2: Understanding your approach.
- Module 3: Framework for giving a difficult message.
- Module 4: Preparation for the conversation.
- Module 5: Skills for the conversation.
- Module 6: Receiving a difficult message.
- Module 7: Giving a difficult message.
- Module 8: Working with strong emotions.
- Module 9: Reframing the conversation.
- Module 10: Getting results at informal resolution.
On completion of this course, delegates are able to:
- Understand how to prepare for, hold and reflect upon a difficult conversation.
- Gain an enhanced ability to recognise and overcome the blocks, barriers and fears around having difficult conversations.
- Use a range of active listening and re-framing skills to move a situation forward.
- Manage strong emotions and assertively challenge negative or destructive attitudes or behaviours.
Learning styles and aftercare.
This course utilises a variety of teaching styles, including facilitator presentation, participant discussion, personal reflection, group exercises, workshops and role-plays. All activities take into account participants’ individual learning styles and provide a broad range of experiential and shared learning. All delegates receive twelve months’ follow up support to help them to embed the learning.
Our track record
Confident Conversations™ is one of the most well recognised conflict resolution skills short courses available. We pride ourselves on delivering a world class course to delegates. Don’t just take our word for it, please click here to read reviews and accolades from previous delegates.
The course is designed and delivered by the UK’s top dispute resolution experts. However, in the unlikely event that you are not satisfied for any reason, we would welcome the opportunity to put things right. Please contact us immediately and advise us of the problem and we will do our best to resolve the situation to your satisfaction. If we are unable to do so and you remain dissatisfied, we will offer a full or part refund. *
*Refunds are only available where we have been provided with immediate notification of the problem and we have tried, and failed, to resolve the situation to your satisfaction.
Unrivalled aftercare and support.
TCM delivers extensive support for delegates on all of our courses before, during and after the course concludes.
Here is a summary of what delegates can expect from TCM:
- Training delivered by a world class trainer who has practical experience of the subject being taught.
- The unique online TCM Delegate Zone™ which includes useful tool-kits, check sheets, videos, papers and other resources for delegates.
- Free copy of the TCM Delegate Pack.
- One to one coaching for delegates during the course and once the course concludes, as required.
- Assessment costs and a personal report for each learner.
- Full access to the amazing resources of the TCM Community for all delegates including lifetime phone and email support.
- A free refresher workshop or webinar 6 months after the training concludes.
Would you like this course delivered as an in-house course?
TCM specialises in tailoring all of our courses for in-house delivery. We also design and deliver bespoke courses and training programmes for our customers. If you would like to find out more, please call us now on 0800 294 9787 or complete the enquiry form below and we’ll call you straight back.