Conflict Management for HR
Increasingly, HR professionals, managers, union official and others are being called upon to spot, prevent, and resolve workplace disputes before they escalate or explode. In the new dispute resolution reality, HR teams are adopting the role of mediators and facilitators within the modern organisation. This one or two day programme specially designed for HR and ER professionals builds on their experiences of grievance resolution. The program provides managers and leaders with the skills, competencies and strategies to undertake effective dispute resolution as part of their existing role. The course offers a tried and tested model of mediation along with a series of practical tips and guides to secure a constructive resolution in workplace grievances and disputes. It also enables HR and ER professionals to provide coaching and support for managers to help them secure constructive outcomes without the need for recourse to formal grievance, disciplinary or performance management procedures.
- Delivery: Face-to-face or online via Zoom.
- TCM Online – a half day facilitator-led online course, typically 3 hours over 1 day.
- Face-to-face – (currently unavailable due to COVID-19) – delivered over 1 or 2 full days as an open course at the TCM Academy or delivered in-house.
- Trainers: Delivered by TCM’s expert resolution consultants.
- Suitable for: HR, Managers & Unions and Management
- Learning outcomes: Building collaboration and strengthening the culture between HR, Unions and Management
- Reviews: Please click here for details of our TrustPilot reviews.
- Delivery: In-house
- Cost: £595 + VAT for open access courses. Contact us for our latest prices for in-house courses.
- The skills necessary to preserve the psychological contract by detecting, preventing conflict from escalating and resolving conflicts at an early stage.
- The model you need to set up and conduct successful facilitated conversations and mediations.
- The confidence to bring awareness about informal resolution to their colleagues and promote a non adversarial culture in your organisation.
- Module 1: The nature of conflict
- Module 2: Facilitated conversations and mediation
- Module 3: The FAIR model
- Module 4: The 5 core mediation skills
- Module 5: Skills practice and role play
- Participants will understand the nature of conflict
- Be able to set up and manage facilitated conversations with care and control
- Use key skills and techniques to prevent and resolve conflicts before they escalate
This course utilises a variety of teaching styles, including facilitator presentation, participant discussion, personal reflection, group exercises and scenarios, workshops and role-plays. All activities take into account participants’ individual learning styles and provide a broad range of experiential and shared learning. All delegates receive twelve months’ follow up support to help them to embed the learning.
TCM delivers extensive support for delegates on all of our courses before, during and after the course concludes.
- Training delivered by a world class trainer who has practical experience of the subject being taught.
- The unique online TCM Delegate Zone™ which includes useful tool-kits, check sheets, videos, papers and other resources for delegates.
- Free copy of the TCM Delegate Pack.
- One to one coaching for delegates during the course and once the course concludes, support via the TCM helpline as required.
- Full access to the amazing resources of the TCM Community for all delegates including lifetime phone and email support.
- A free refresher workshop or webinar 6 months after the training concludes.
Would you like this course delivered as an in-house course?
TCM specialises in tailoring all of our courses for in-house delivery. We also design and deliver bespoke courses and training programmes for our customers. If you would like to find out more, please call us now on 0800 294 9787 or complete the enquiry form below and we’ll call you straight back.