About the Course
Increasingly, HR professionals, managers, union official and others are being called upon to spot, prevent, and resolve workplace disputes before they escalate or explode. In the new dispute resolution reality, HR teams are adopting the role of mediators and facilitators within the modern organisation. This one or two day programme specially designed for HR and ER professionals builds on their experiences of grievance resolution. The program provides managers and leaders with the skills, competencies and strategies to undertake effective dispute resolution as part of their existing role. The course offers a tried and tested model of mediation along with a series of practical tips and guides to secure a constructive resolution in workplace grievances and disputes. It also enables HR and ER professionals to provide coaching and support for managers to help them secure constructive outcomes without the need for recourse to formal grievance, disciplinary or performance management procedures.
“The training met all of my objectives, I
particularly liked the mix of theory and
practice. This is an excellent foundation
course, full of theory and practical with
useful tolls and framework for future use.”
Tara Bicker, Senior HR Advisor
Shooting Star Chase, Children’s Hospice Care
This section explains how the training works:
Duration: 1 or 2 days
Suitable for: HR Professionals, Managers & Unions and Management
Learning outcomes: Building collaboration and strengthening the culture between HR, Unions and Management
Trainers: Delivered by our expert TCM trainers
Who should take this course?
We recommend this course for Managers, leaders, HR professionals and others responsible for managing conflict and change.
• The skills necessary to preserve the psychological contract by detecting, preventing conflict from escalating and resolving conflicts at an early stage
• The model you need to set up and conduct successful facilitated conversations and mediations
• The confidence to bring awareness about informal resolution to their colleagues and promote a non adversarial culture in your organisation.
The Course Outline.
- Module 1: The nature of conflict
- module 2: Facilitated conversations and Mediation
- Module 3: The FAIR model
- Module 4:The 5 core mediation skills
Day 2 (optional)
- Module 5: Skills practice and role play
Key programme objectives:
- Participants will understand the nature of conflict
- Be able to set up and manage facilitated conversations with care and control
- Use key skills and techniques to prevent and resolve conflicts before they escalate
Learning styles and aftercare.
This course utilises a variety of teaching styles, including facilitator presentation, participant discussion, personal reflection, group exercises and scenarios, workshops and role-plays. All activities take into account participants’ individual learning styles and provide a broad range of experiential and shared learning. All delegates receive twelve months’ follow up support to help them to embed the learning.
Our track record
Conflict Management For HR™ is one of the most well recognised conflict resolution skills short courses available. We pride ourselves on delivering a world class course to delegates. Don’t just take our word for it, please click here to read reviews and accolades from previous delegates.
Our track record
The course is designed and delivered by the UK’s top dispute resolution experts. However, in the unlikely event that you are not satisfied for any reason, we would welcome the opportunity to put things right. Please contact us immediately and advise us of the problem and we will do our best to resolve the situation to your satisfaction. If we are unable to do so and you remain dissatisfied, we will offer a full or part refund. *
*Refunds are only available where we have been provided with immediate notification of the problem and we have tried, and failed, to resolve the situation to your satisfaction.
Unrivalled aftercare and support.
TCM delivers extensive support for delegates on all of our courses before, during and after the course concludes.
Here is a summary of what delegates can expect from TCM:
- Training delivered by a world class trainer who has practical experience of the subject being taught.
- The unique online TCM Delegate Zone™ which includes useful tool-kits, check sheets, videos, papers and other resources for delegates.
- Free copy of the TCM Delegate Pack.
- One to one coaching for delegates during the course and once the course concludes, as required.
- Assessment costs and a personal report for each learner.
- Full access to the amazing resources of the TCM Community for all delegates including lifetime phone and email support.
- A free refresher workshop or webinar 6 months after the training concludes.
Would you like this course delivered as an in-house course?
TCM specialises in tailoring all of our courses for in-house delivery. We also design and deliver bespoke courses and training programmes for our customers. If you would like to find out more, please call us now on 0800 294 9787 or complete the enquiry form below and we’ll call you straight back.