Core Mediation Skills
This one day course presents managers and HR professionals with the core skills that they need to understand how, and why, disputes occur and how to respond when they do. The course develops the core competencies that managers and HR professionals require to resolve workplace disputes between 2 employees within their organisation at the early stage of the grievance process.
The course utilities best practice in all aspects of mediation and conflict management and our highly experienced trainers help participants to embed mediation into their portfolio. We provide the skills and strategies that managers need to nip issues in the bud – before they escalate out of control. We recommend that all managers and leaders along with Personnel, HR, ER and OD assistants, managers and directors attend this course. This course can also act as a ‘stepping stone’ to more formal mediation and dispute resolution training for HR professionals who wish to develop these skills
This section explains how the training works:
Duration: 1 day
Delivery: In-house (London and regional)
Suitable for: Junior, Middle & Senior Managers.
Learning outcomes: Learn how to nip conflict in the bud.
Trainers: Only ever delivered by full time TCM trainers.
Delivery: In-house (London and regional)
Cost: £495 + VAT for open courses.
Who should take this course?
We recommend this course to Junior, Middle and Senior Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and other professionals.
- Be able to respond calmly and neutrally during
- Use a range of active listening and reframing
skills to move a situation forward.
- Understand how to create and manage
boundaries and set clear goals.
The Course Outline
- Module 1: Setting up and managing a workplace mediation.
- module 2: Introducing The FAIR model.
- Module 3: Introducing the five stages of FAIR mediation.
- Module 4: Core mediation skills.
- Module 5: Managing the joint meeting.
- Module 6: Key learning and next steps.
- Understand the nature of mediation including the role of a mediator and the key benefits of mediation.
- Manage the 5 key stages of FAIR mediation.
- Understand how to use the FAIR model to bring
disputing parties together.
Learning styles and aftercare
This course utilities a variety of teaching styles, including facilitator presentation, participant discussion, personal reflection, group exercises and scenarios, workshops and role-plays. All activities take into account participants’ individual learning styles and provide a broad range of experiential and shared learning. All delegates receive twelve months’ follow up support to help them to embed the learning.
Why Choose TCM?
- We have over 12 years’ experience of designing
and delivering world class training.
- We share our expertise and we draw on our
depth of knowledge whilst making our courses
accessible and fun.
- We tailor our in-house courses are to your
Our track record
Core Mediation Skills™ is one of the most well recognised conflict resolution skills short courses available. We pride ourselves on delivering a world class course to delegates. Don’t just take our word for it, please click here to read reviews and accolades from previous delegates.
The course is designed and delivered by the UK’s top dispute resolution experts. However, in the unlikely event that you are not satisfied for any reason, we would welcome the opportunity to put things right. Please contact us immediately and advise us of the problem and we will do our best to resolve the situation to your satisfaction. If we are unable to do so and you remain dissatisfied, we will offer a full or part refund. *
*Refunds are only available where we have been provided with immediate notification of the problem and we have tried, and failed, to resolve the situation to your satisfaction.
Unrivalled aftercare and support.
TCM delivers extensive support for delegates on all of our courses before, during and after the course concludes.
Here is a summary of what delegates can expect from TCM:
- Training delivered by a world class trainer who has practical experience of the subject being taught.
- The unique online TCM Delegate Zone™ which includes useful toolkits, check sheets, videos, papers and other resources for delegates.
- Free copy of the TCM Delegate Pack.
- One to one coaching for delegates during the course and once the course concludes, as required.
- Assessment costs and a personal report for each learner.
- Full access to the amazing resources of the TCM Community for all delegates including lifetime phone and email support.
- A free refresher workshop or webinar 6 months after the training concludes.
Would you like this course delivered as an in-house course?
TCM specialises in tailoring all of our courses for in-house delivery. We also design and deliver bespoke courses and training programmes for our customers. If you would like to find out more, please call us now on 0800 294 9787 or complete the enquiry form below and we’ll call you straight back.