Core Mediation Skills
This one day course presents managers and HR professionals with the core skills that they need to understand how, and why, disputes occur and how to respond when they do. The course develops the core competencies that managers and HR professionals require to resolve workplace disputes between 2 employees within their organisation at the early stage of the grievance process.
The course utilities best practice in all aspects of mediation and conflict management and our highly experienced trainers help participants to embed mediation into their portfolio. We provide the skills and strategies that managers need to nip issues in the bud – before they escalate out of control. We recommend that all managers and leaders along with Personnel, HR, ER and OD assistants, managers and directors attend this course. This course can also act as a ‘stepping stone’ to more formal mediation and dispute resolution training for HR professionals who wish to develop these skills
Core Mediation Skills™ is one of the most well recognised conflict resolution skills short courses available. We pride ourselves on delivering a world class course to delegates. Don’t just take our word for it, please click here to read reviews and accolades from previous delegates.
- Duration: 1 day
- Delivery: This course is available for in-house delivery or delegates can attend an open course at the TCM Academy.
- Trainers: Delivered by TCM’s expert resolution consultants.
- Suitable for: Junior, Middle & Senior Managers; Supervisors & Team Leaders
- Learning outcomes: Learn how to nip conflict in the bud.
- Reviews: Please click here for details of our TrustPilot reviews.
- Cost: £295 + VAT for open courses. Contact us to find out our latest prices for in-house courses.
- Discounts: Book online to get 10% off using the code: ONLINE10
- Be able to respond calmly and neutrally during mediation.
- Use a range of active listening and reframing skills to move a situation forward.
- Understand how to create and manage boundaries and set clear goals.
- Module 1: Setting up and managing a workplace mediation.
- module 2: Introducing The FAIR model.
- Module 3: Introducing the five stages of FAIR mediation.
- Module 4: Core mediation skills.
- Module 5: Managing the joint meeting.
- Module 6: Key learning and next steps.
- Understand the nature of mediation including the role of a mediator and the key benefits of mediation.
- Manage the 5 key stages of FAIR mediation.
- Understand how to use the FAIR model to bring disputing parties together.
TCM trainers are experts at creating a safe, empowering and challenging training environment.
This course utilities a variety of teaching styles, including facilitator presentation, participant discussion, personal reflection, group exercises and scenarios, workshops and role-plays. All activities take into account participants’ individual learning styles and provide a broad range of experiential and shared learning. All delegates receive twelve months’ follow up support to help them to embed the learning.
TCM delivers extensive support for delegates on all of our courses before, during and after the course concludes.
- Training delivered by a world class trainer who has practical experience of the subject being taught.
- The unique online TCM Delegate Zone™ which includes useful tool-kits, check sheets, videos, papers and other resources for delegates.
- Free copy of the TCM Delegate Pack.
- One to one coaching for delegates during the course and once the course concludes, support via the TCM helpline as required.
- Full access to the amazing resources of the TCM Community for all delegates including lifetime phone and email support.
- A free refresher workshop or webinar 6 months after the training concludes.
- Wednesday 20th November 2019
- Tuesday 17th March 2020
Would you like this course delivered as an in-house course?
TCM specialises in tailoring all of our courses for in-house delivery. We also design and deliver bespoke courses and training programmes for our customers. If you would like to find out more, please call us now on 0800 294 9787 or complete the enquiry form below and we’ll call you straight back.
Practical Mediation Skills
National Certificate in Workplace Mediation
Managing Conflict Masterclass
This short webinar (45 minutes) will provide a detailed overview of both the mediation and investigation processes. It will explore best practice in both areas and provide guidance for HR and ER professionals who are required to set up and run an investigation or mediation.