The confidence and the awareness to prevent and resolve workplace disputes, quarrels, complaints and grievances
Practical Mediation Skills™ was one of the first mediation courses designed specifically for managers, leaders and HR professionals. It provides a thorough grounding in all aspects of mediation and dispute resolution. Our expert facilitators equip delegates with the skills that they need to prevent conflicts from occurring and to resolve those that do occur – effectively, speedily and constructively. The course draws on TCM’s extensive experience of resolving complex workplace disputes. Our trainers, all of whom are practising mediators, make the course come alive through the use of practical cases studies, group activities and role play.
The objective for the delegate is to be able to:
- What conflict is and how we react to it
- Conflict as an expression of loss and of unmet needs
- Causes and effects of workplace conflict
- The TCM Conflict Escalator
- The 5 conflict management styles
- Mediation – its principles, process and philosophy
- The 5 golden rules for a mediating manager
- How to set up and run a mediation session
- How to be impartial when people want you to take sides
- Active listening: how to separate facts, feelings, perceptions and needs
- Challenging prejudices, stereotypes and assumptions in mediation
- How to influence, negotiate and seek consensus
- Reframing and Non-Violent Communication
- Reaching agreement and action planning
Agendas and Objectives
- Duration: 2 days
- Suitable for: Managers, leaders, HR professionals and others responsible for managing conflict and change.
- Learning outcomes: Learn how to mediate workplace disputes effectively.
- Delivery: In-house (London & Regional) & open access.
- Trainers: Delivered by our expert TCM trainers.
- Cost: £495 + VAT for open courses. Contact us to find out our latest prices for in-house courses.
Upcoming course dates 2018:
- 4th & 5th July 2018
Total quality guaranteed
Practical Mediation Skills™ has been designed to deliver powerful outcomes for delegates along with a highly effective remedy to disputes which will also benefit your business. TCM’s trainers blend sound theoretical perspective with useful, practical tools. This course is approved by the ILM (Institute of Leadership and Management) and we have many hundreds of managers across the UK to get a grip on workplace conflict.
Delegates will never look at conflict the same way again
We all know that conflict can be divisive and stressful. However, how many of us see conflict as an opportunity for growth, collaboration and dialogue? Discussion and participation are vital so please be prepared to challenge, be challenged and have an open mind as we explore a new way of resolving workplace disputes and grievances. The course helps thousands of managers, HR professionals and many others across the UK to effectively resolve workplace conflict. The course can also be used as a stepping stone to the National Certificate in Workplace Mediation. The course uses a variety of teaching and learning methods and is highly participatory and experiential. The TCM trainers make use of realistic case studies and role plays as well as small group discussions and trainer input.
See what course participants have to say
" I found the Practical Mediation skills course to be informative, interesting and enjoyable. All of my objectives were met and I found the pace of the training just right. I would recommend this course to a friend or colleague. It was well presented and structured training that will enable me to enhance my working environment for colleagues."
"I found the Practical Mediation Skills course to be Thought provoking, gained practical tools and understanding. All of my objectives were met, I particularly liked the opportunity to debate and the role play exercises.The course opened my eyes to another form method of resolving work place issues without enflaming the situations. "
"The practical mediation skills course was exciting, intriguing and practical. I particularly enjoyed the resources and examples provided for presentation and the tool kit. I would recommend this course to a friend or a colleague. TCM provides a quality thorough course aimed at all roles in an organisation. "
"I really enjoyed this course and hope to now embed this learning into the organisation. This will save our organisation money and remove stressful situations. "
" I found the two day practical mediation skills course an extremely informative course, and a really good foundation to mediation. "