There’s no challenge too great for Geoff Smith. Enacting change in over 40 countries, Geoff has cultivated constructive relationships across countless continents. From technology to pharmaceuticals, from Serbia to Israel, Geoff is an omnipresent global expert on transformational change.
Geoff is an experienced HR Director, with a track record of over 30 years delivering key people related transformation and change, both from within and as an external consultant.
He has extensive experience working across the EMEA region, driving change and providing leadership in complex jurisdictions including France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Nordics, Israel and the Gulf countries.
This includes first hand experience in both US and Japanese corporates, Private Equity, UK, Professional Services, Engineering/Manufacturing and Pharmaceuticals,
- An HR Generalist by background, Geoff’s specialisms include:
- Employee Relations: Management of numerous complex individual employee relations cases, including many internationally.
- Labour Relations: Global Expertise with particular emphasis on EMEA region, including oversight of all union and works council relationships. Delivery of change programmes across multiple jurisdictions;
- Restructuring: Expertise in leading large scale downsizing/rightsizing programmes, across the UK and EMEA.
- HR Transformation and Change: Extensive involvement in the creation of HR strategy, HR delivery strategy and transformation programmes.
What people say:
“During the five years I worked for Geoff in his capacity as HR Director at Airwave, I found him to be an excellent leader and people manager. I always found him to be empowering and supportive, with the necessary direction when required. Geoff has a collaborative and consultative style which seeks to get the best for his people and the business.”
Peter Bullock, HR Manager, Airwave Solutions
“I worked for Geoff in his role of HR Director at Airwave Solutions for a period of 5 years during which he was my direct line manager for 4 years. Geoff was a key part of the executive team within Airwave and as such was involved at the highest level in making decisions about the future of the business. He had a good understanding of the Airwave business and technical aspects of the organisation which enabled him to provide appropriate HR support and decision making. As a line manager Geoff was very supportive and provided both myself and my team with many opportunities for development. He has strong coaching skills which enabled him to get the best out of his team.”
Charlotte Thompson, Rewards Manager, Airwave Solutions