Facilitated Conversations (1 or 2 Days)
Essential facilitated conversations and mediation training for HR, line managers, leaders, union officials and others.
Increasingly, HR/ER professionals, managers, leaders and others are being called upon to spot, prevent, and resolve workplace disputes and conflicts before they escalate or explode. In the new conflict resolution reality, modern organizations are adopting a resolution focus and need to build a pool of skilled, trained mediators and facilitators.
This one or two-day program specially designed for HR and ER professionals, leaders, managers and union reps builds on their experiences of dispute and conflict resolution. The program provides managers and leaders with the skills, competencies and strategies to undertake effective dispute and conflict resolution as part of their existing role.
The course offers a tried and tested model of mediation along with a series of practical tips and guides to secure a constructive resolution in workplace disputes and conflicts. It also enables participants to provide coaching and support for managers to help them secure constructive outcomes without the need for recourse to formal grievance, disciplinary or performance management procedures.
Upon completion of the program, training delegates will be able to:
- Understand the nature of conflict.
- Set up and manage facilitated conversations with care and control.
- Use key skills and techniques to prevent and resolve conflicts before they escalate.
- Use the skills necessary to preserve the psychological contract by detecting, preventing conflict from escalating and resolving conflicts at an early stage.
- Understand the model needed to set up and conduct successful facilitated conversations and mediations.
- Have the confidence to bring awareness about informal resolution to their colleagues and promote a non-adversarial organization culture.
Suitable for HR and ER professionals, managers, leaders, and others responsible for managing conflict and change.
$395 or $695 per delegate. Contact us via the form at the end of this page, for upcoming open access course dates, or with in-house inquiries for groups of 4 or more.
Out of stock