The ability to manage difficult conversations is one of the cornerstones of effective management and leadership. On this course, delegates will learn how to hold difficult conversations, nip issues in the bud and give feedback to their team concerning performance and absence. Delegates will also learn how to prevent workplace conflicts escalating and how to communicate with taciturn employees and team members exhibiting challenging behaviour. The course is designed and delivered by experts. Delegates develop an awareness of the block and barriers to effective communication and how to overcome them. Through active participation and experiential learning delegates learn how to secure sustainable and lasting outcomes at times of change, crisis or conflict.
- Duration: 1 day
- Delivery: This course is available for in-house delivery or delegates can attend an open course at the TCM Academy.
- Trainers: Delivered by TCM’s expert resolution consultants.
- Suitable for: Managers, leaders, HR professionals and others responsible for managing conflict and change.
- Learning outcomes: Develop constructive conversations and manage strong emotions.
- Reviews: Please click here for details of our TrustPilot reviews.
- Cost: £395 + VAT for open access courses. Contact us for our latest prices for in-house courses.
- Develop constructive conversations with employees and teams.
- Promote well being by developing a positive, co-operative and supportive team environment.
- Spot problems early and nip issues in the bud before they escalate
- Handle strong emotions with confidence, care and compassion.
- Identify and respond to disputes and grievances.
- Facilitate the management of change.
- Promote and support informal resolution of employee and customer complaints.
- Module 1: What is a difficult conversation?
- module 2: Understanding your approach
- Module 3: Framework for giving a difficult message
- Module 4: Preparation for the conversation
- Module 5: Skills for the conversation
- Module 6: Receiving a difficult message
- Module 7: Giving a difficult message
- Module 8: Working with strong emotions
- Module 9: Reframing the conversation
- Module 10: Getting results at informal resolution
- Understand how to prepare for, hold and reflect upon a difficult conversation.
- Gain an enhanced ability to recognise and overcome the blocks, barriers and fears around having difficult conversations.
- Use a range of active listening and re-framing skills to move a situation forward.
- Manage strong emotions and assertively challenge negative or destructive attitudes or behaviours.
This course utilises a variety of teaching styles, including facilitator presentation, participant discussion, personal reflection, group exercises, workshops and role-plays. All activities take into account participants’ individual learning styles and provide a broad range of experiential and shared learning. All delegates receive twelve months’ follow up support to help them to embed the learning.
TCM delivers extensive support for delegates before, during and after the course concludes.
- Training delivered by a world class trainer who has practical experience of the subject being taught.The unique online TCM Delegate Zone™ which includes useful tool-kits, check sheets, videos, papers and other resources for delegates.
- Free copy of the Confident Conversations Delegate Pack.
- One to one coaching for delegates during the course and once the course concludes, as required.
- Lifetime aftercare and support for all delegates with TCM’s unique mediator helpline – The Mediator Helpline™.
- Full access to the amazing resources of the TCM Community for all delegates.
- A free refresher webinar six months after the training concludes.
Would you like this course delivered as an in-house course?
TCM specialises in tailoring all of our courses for in-house delivery. We also design and deliver bespoke courses and training programmes for our customers. If you would like to find out more, please call us now on 0800 294 9787 or complete the enquiry form below and we’ll call you straight back.