An introduction to investigations: getting them right first time!
How often have you been involved with an investigation that has failed the scrutiny of a hearing panel, an appeal or Employment Tribunal, or because it was not deemed subjective, of because it was not thorough enough or through a failure of following your own internal policies and procedures?
This introductory session will provide everything that you need to avoid the common pitfalls to ensure that you get workplace investigations right first time!
You are invited to join Gary Roger’s, TCM’s Head of Investigation & Audit Services, in an exclusive session, either online or at our headquarters in London. Based on Gary’s 30+ years experience as a global leader in workplace investigation’s, the session explores selected topics and detailed case studies on workplace investigations.
- Duration: 12:30pm – 2pm (including interactive Q&A sessions)
- Method: Online via Zoom
- Suitable for: HR, ER, OD and IR professionals, policy makers, business leaders, line managers and union officials.
- Delivery: This workshop is delivered by Gary Rogers, Head of Investigation and Audit Services of The TCM Group.
- Cost: FREE
- An industry leading expert will share best practice in getting your workplace investigation right, first time
- You will hear first hand experiences of what makes a good investigation and how to avoid a bad experience
- Explore the importance of questioning techniques and active listening
- We will discuss the balance of probabilities, in easy to understand terms, and explore its importance in your workplace investigation
- You will see how to compile a high quality investigation report, aligned to a clear terms of reference
- I will share my own experiences of managing several successful investigations and reference industry case studies
- The opportunity to participate in an interactive question and answer session, providing expert confidential advice on your own workplace investigations
- How to plan your investigation
- How to listen to the parties’ story effectively
- Examine questioning techniques and the TCM funnelling technique
- Get a better understanding of the importance of the balance of probabilities when it comes to your investigation
- Develop a keen understanding on how to write the perfect investigation report