Confident Conversations For Healthcare (1 Day)
This course helps learners to develop essential skills for everyday management within the healthcare setting.
This is a highly interactive program designed by the communication experts at TCM. The course helps learners to develop essential skills for everyday management within the healthcare setting.
Delegates will learn how to address important issues in a confident manner with skill, confidence and empathy. Offering a proactive and hands-on approach to teaching, the TCM trainers equip delegates with the competency to have those crucial conversations and prevent disputes from escalating out of control and impacting patient care.
The ability to manage difficult conversations is one of the cornerstones of effective healthcare management. On this course, delegates learn how to hold conversations that enable them to nip issues in the bud and give feedback to their team concerning performance or behavior issues such as punctuality, absence, or styles of communication. Delegates also learn how to prevent conflicts escalating, understand barriers to communication, how to overcome them and how to handle challenging behaviors. Through active participation and experiential learning, delegates develop the confidence to secure sustainable outcomes.
Upon completion of this healthcare-sector-specific training course, delegates will be able to:
- Develop constructive conversations with employees and teams.
- Promote well being by developing a positive, co-operative and supportive team environment.
- Spot problems early and nip issues in the bud before they escalate
- Handle strong emotions with confidence, care and compassion.
- Identify and respond to disputes and grievances.
- Facilitate the management of change.
- Promote and support the informal resolution of employee and customer complaints.
Suitable for all healthcare managers, trade union representatives and HR professionals.
Contact us via the form at the end of this page, for latest prices, upcoming open access course dates, or with in-house inquiries for groups of 4 or more.