Johanna Whelehan is an accredited mediator, trainer and Head of Resolution Services at the TCM Group. With a background in linguistics, legal publishing and project management, Johanna has worked in translation, interpreting and localisation and has facilitated conversations across a variety of sectors.
Her main interests have always been communication and facilitation and her ability to bring concepts to life in a dynamic and engaging manner make her a very popular trainer. She delivers high-energy, high-impact training which addresses complex subjects with space for reflection and challenge.
She has mediated successful outcomes in group and two-party mediations across the gamut of private and public sector organisations and attributes her success as a mediator to her ability to ask challenging questions in an empathetic manner and never, ever to make assumptions.
Johanna’s abilities to quickly make connections and build rapport strengthen TCM’s commercial relationships and underpin her passion for delivering practical and sustainable solutions to industries as diverse as aviation, investment banking, engineering, public health and third-level education.
Some of Johanna’s recent assignments have included:
- Setting up an in-house mediation schemes for Virgin Atlantic, Deutsche Bank, PHE, The Metropolitan Police and many others.
- Alongside CEO David Liddle, embedding a values-based culture within the British Retail Consortium.
- Working with a number of NHS Trusts to embed a culture of mediation, including St George’s and the James Paget Trust.
- Alongside CEO David Liddle, designing and delivering a number of workshops and courses for senior managers and the global HR Team at Capgemini.
- Undertaking successful mediations for a wide array of organisations.
- Speaking at conferences and events, most recently Guest Speaker at the NHSi conference on Tackling Bullying & Harassment in the Workplace.
What people say:
“Johanna has a very engaging manner and made everyone in the group feel supported and positive about their abilities, with a few laughs for all of us. Lots of energy and encouragement combined with a practical and responsive approach.”
Maria Murray, PHE
“Well-structured learning process, with trainers that have extensive, practical and varied experiences of mediation which brings the programme to life,”
Rachel Blanshard, Head of HR, Deutsche Bank
“I trusted Johanna completely and she created a really safe space. I’m really pleased with the progress we (parties) made.”
“Johanna – Thank you so much for coming along and delivering such a fantastic session. It was great to see the brilliant work you and your team are doing and to really demonstrate to people that whilst this is a complex topic, things can be done to make a difference. I was really pleased to see so many delegates engaging with you and I hope they continue to do so.”
Harprit Hockley, People Strategy at NHS Improvement