Team Facilitation Skills
When teams experience destructive conflict, they may become divided, damaged and dysfunctional. In a dynamic and diverse workplace, conflicts increasingly nvolve multiple parties. This two day programme will equip mediators, facilitators, coaches and change agents with the skills and processes that they need in order to resolve team conflicts across a diverse range of industries. The course is delivered by The TCM Group’s highly experienced mediators who draw upon their vast depths of knowledge and experience to ensure that delegates become industry standard team mediators.The course provides experienced mediators, coaches and facilitators with the skills and tools needed to resolve a wider range of internal disputes.
Team Facilitation Skills™ is one of the most well recognised team conflict resolution skills short courses available. We pride ourselves on delivering a world class course to delegates. Don’t just take our word for it, please click here to read reviews and accolades from previous delegates.
- Duration: 2 days
- Delivery: This course is available for in-house delivery or delegates can attend an open course at the TCM Academy.
- Trainers: Delivered by TCM’s expert resolution consultants.
- Suitable for: Mediators, facilitators, coaches and change agents.
- Learning outcomes: Learn how to mediate team disputes effectively.
- Reviews: Please click here for details of our TrustPilot reviews.
- Delivery: In-house and Open Access Course (London and regional)
- Cost: £595 + VAT for open access courses. Contact us for our latest prices for in-house courses.
- Understand the nature and the impact of conflict within groups and teams
- Facilitate a complex team conference with multiple parties and multiple issues
- Possess the key skills and strategies they need to resolve team and group conflicts
- Module 1: Creating and presenting a map of team conflict
- Module 2: Team observations and impacts
- Module 3: Current situation (using scaling questions)
- Module 4: Looking ahead (part one) – identifying needs
- Module 5: Looking ahead (part two) – activity
- Module 6: Looking ahead (part three) – problem solving
- Module 7: Looking ahead (part four) – agreeing a framework
- Understand the nature and impact of conflict within teams
- Establishing a clear terms of reference for team conferencing
- Setting and maintaining boundaries and ground rules
- Setting up and managing a team conference
- Interviewing and active listening-separating facts and feelings
- Challenging prejudices, stereotypes and assumptions within the team
- Key facilitation and problem solving techniques
- Negotiating and seeking consensus
- Reframing and non-violent communication
- Reaching agreement, action planning and evaluating effectiveness
This course utilises a variety of teaching styles, including facilitator presentation, participant discussion, personal reflection, group exercises and scenarios, workshops and role-plays. All activities take into account participants’ individual learning styles and provide a broad range of experiential and shared learning. All delegates receive twelve months’ follow up support to help them to embed the learning.
TCM delivers extensive support for delegates on all of our courses before, during and after the course concludes.
- Training delivered by a world class trainer who has practical experience of the subject being taught.
- The unique online TCM Delegate Zone™ which includes useful tool-kits, check sheets, videos, papers and other resources for delegates.
- Free copy of the TCM Delegate Pack.
- One to one coaching for delegates during the course and once the course concludes, support via the TCM helpline as required.
- Assessment costs and a personal report for each learner.
- Full access to the amazing resources of the the TCM Community for all delegates including lifetime phone and email support.
- Free refresher training or webinar for all delegates after 3-6 months.
Would you like this course delivered in-house?
TCM specialises in tailoring all of our courses for in-house delivery. We also design and deliver bespoke courses and training programmes for our customers. If you would like to find out more, please feel free to give us a call on 020 7404 7011 or complete the enquiry form below and we’ll get back to you.
Practical Mediation Skills
National Certificate in Workplace Mediation
Managing Conflict Masterclass
This short webinar (45 minutes) will provide a detailed overview of both the mediation and investigation processes. It will explore best practice in both areas and provide guidance for HR and ER professionals who are required to set up and run an investigation or mediation.